Congratulations on your admission to the University of California, Berkeley!
Many students have the opportunity to participate in Newly Admitted Student Pathway or dual degree programs like the Fall Program for First Semester (FPF), Global Edge and/or the Hong Kong University (HKU) Program. It’s important to have the financial aid information necessary before choosing your program.
The information below will assist you and your family in understanding how participating in FPF, Global Edge, or HKU could impact your financial aid for the academic year.
Note: These are general responses and may not apply to all students and/or in all cases.
- How will participating in a Pathways program impact my financial aid?
A: Your pathway choice and housing arrangement can impact the types and amounts of financial aid you are eligible for. While you consider your options, we encourage you to estimate your aid for the your pathway program. Estimating your aid will provide you with the necessary financial aid information before you finalize your pathway choice.
- How do I estimate my financial aid for my Pathway program?
A: To view how your cost of attendance and financial aid will change with each option, you can update your housing or pathway option on CalCentral by following these steps:
- Start by clicking on the “Your Financial Aid and Scholarships” link under Resources in MAP@Berkeley to view your financial aid awards.
- Simply click on “Update Housing/Pathway” and select the pathway you are considering for fall and the appropriate housing option for spring.
- Click on “Update”, then return to your Financial Aid and Scholarship page to review the revised Cost of Attendance, awards, and Net Cost. We encourage you to select the “View the Term Amount” options under the Estimated Cost of Attendance and Awards sections to review your costs and awards by semester.
Note: Changes to your “Housing or Pathway” option in My Finances will not commit you to a program nor will it release you from a program or housing contract once you have confirmed your participation. UC Berkeley reserves the right to adjust awards to correct any awarding errors. Changes to qualifying information or revisions of federal, state, or institutional policy may result in updates to aid eligibility and adjustments of financial aid awards. Information is subject to change.
- My Pathway program is not available to me under the "Housing or Pathway" link in My Finances. How do I estimate my financial aid?
A: By answering a few simple questions, our Financial Aid Net Price Calculator can provide you an estimated financial aid offer for the fall and spring semesters.
- I want to attend Summer Session. Will I be eligible for summer financial aid?
A: You may be eligible for summer financial aid as a new student. You will need to apply for summer financial aid by completing a FAFSA or Dream Act Application by June 1. Please review the Summer Financial Aid page for important dates and deadlines.
Estimate your cost and financial aid for Summer Sessions, Summer Abroad, or Global Internships. Log into Cal Central, go to My Finances, navigate to the Finances Resources area on the right side of the page. Scroll down to the Summer Sessions heading and click on Summer Cost and Aid Estimator
- How will participating in the Hong Kong University (HKU) Dual Degree program impact my financial aid?
A: If eligible, financial aid and scholarships are provided by your current campus of attendance.
Students accepted to the Dual Degree Program will be considered for the HKU Foundation Entrance Scholarship upon admission to HKU for years 1 and 2. A separate application is not required. The scholarship may cover up to full tuition plus living expenses.
U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents and eligible non-citizens may apply for and receive financial aid through the Berkeley Financial Aid and Scholarships office while enrolled at Berkeley in years 3 and 4. International students should contact Berkeley's International Office for more information on funding availability.
- I have other questions about financial aid. Where can I find more information?
A: We encourage students to review our Newly Admitted Student FAQs for answers to many common questions. You can also contact Cal Student Central with questions about financial aid, registration and billing. Please note that phone and in-person wait times may be longer than normal during peak periods. We appreciate your patience.